Days to Keycon

Monday 17 July 2017

The LEGO! project

July 17, 2017 - 305 Days to Keycon

My parents introduced me to those little interlocking bricks from Denmark that, since the 1960's, has been holding the attention of generations of children, young and old alike. Many of the first sets that I received from my folks were the space sets which were popular at the time.

Flash forward thirty odd years and many of those old pieces are now in the possession of my oldest son Riley. I never got rid of those brick sets. Sure, many pieces have been broken or lost to the ages but I still have much of that old LEGO.

I had the idea, as a bonding experience between Riley and I, to try to recreate - or rather rebuild - at least one of those old sets.

It's going to involve going through the pieces that we have and trying to source out the pieces that are missing.

I'm aiming to rebuild this set. The instructions are available on brickinstructions.com with a link to a parts list on rebrickable.com
picture credit: brick instructions.com
I'll be documenting the build over the course of the coming weeks and maybe months as we tackle this old set and maybe look at what else we have that we can maybe create.

Stay tuned!

~Brother K'Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment