Days to Keycon

Sunday 19 February 2017

February 19th, 2017 - 89 days to Keycon

Unfortunately my weight has been doing a yo-yo so I can’t report on a lower weight than last week, I’m sitting at 289.6 lbs, but I can report that I’m moving along with my goals.

I’m working on incorporating more exercise into my regular day. I’m going to try to be consistant with my push-ups on a day to day basis and adding jumping jacks into the routine. Something physical to get my heart rate up and hopefully kick start some real weight loss.

Had a simple breakfast this morning as well. Grape tomatos, shredded hash browns and bacon.

I hate to admit it but I am feeling a bit discouraged about my attempts at weight loss. Despite my weight falling below 290 it has been steadily creeping upwards again despite the fact that I have been drinking nothing but water for the last few days with one evening having a couple of rum and sodas.

In other news, Riley and I are continuing to look at ideas for a Youtube channel. Riley has desperately wanted to become a youtuber so when I was running down ideas and watching some youtube channels, like the backyard scientist, I started thinking, why not a science channel? Riley loves science and a lot of these channels include ‘science’ experiments. It seems like a natural idea.

I put forth the idea to the boy and he loved it, so it’s a go.

It’s going to take a couple of weeks of pulling materials together. But in the mean time I figure we can go through some ideas together to see which ones we want to include.

So stay tuned for Wrecking Ball Science.

As we move forward Riley and I will need to test out some of the experiments beforehand and look at the science behind them. Part of my plan is to get Riley learning without him realizing he’s learning. I’m hoping this will also develop into a lifetime love of science.

The other benefit is that it gives me a chance to work on my film making skills so we’ll both be gaining an education. It’s a win-win concept for everyone.

It’s taking a bit of sourcing, trying to find materials in the city: it’s starting to look like I’ll need to order a bunch of stuff off Amazon. I know we can just use stuff we can find at any dollar store to begin with, but I really want to use proper flasks and beakers to add to the science ambiance.

It’s always been a problem with me. I can’t start something without the “proper” materials. Everything has to be perfect from the start. Everything has to look professional. And it’s that mindset that never allows me to start anything. It’s a personal flaw that I really need to get over.

We hit a couple of thrift stores yesterday and found a couple of books and some glassware that’ll work. We found a non-graduated beaker that I’m pretty sure started life as a french press, but will do fine for our uses. We also found some stoppered glass bottles that we can use to store material. A lot of the stoppers are broken but there a few that still work. They can all be made use of.

We also grabbed a couple of books on kids science experiments and Chemistry for dummies.

All in all it was a successful day. Riley and I got some bonding time and we moved forward on our goals.

Forward and onward to SCIENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment